What makes a neighborhood truly great? Maybe either a safe and friendly street, or the fact that it’s located near to the shopping areas and restaurants, or there are lots of outdoor activities abound, or maybe the rent price is affordable.
I’ve “rounded up” the best neighborhoods in Tbilisi based on the following 5 factors:
1. Safety — A great neighborhood should have safe and friendly streets. In a pleasant neighborhood, people can walk without fear of crime or the chance of being disturbed by excessive noise. People feel like they “belong” to the neighborhood streets.
2. Easy access to public transport — it is a fantastic advantage for a neighborhood and a magnificent amenity for almost any lifestyle. A great neighborhood has many ways to get around / move about on foot, by bicycle, transit, and auto.
3. Walkability — everyone appreciates a neighborhood, where the hot spots are within walking distance to satisfy everyday needs, as shopping centers, restaurants, cafes, bakeries, dry cleaners, theatres, bars, pubs and nightclubs.
4. Character– a great neighborhood has its own specific character. All neighborhoods are shaped by their streets, buildings, history, culture and the people living in. In great neighborhoods, these attributes combine in a unique and memorable way.
5. Outdoor activities abound– being close to the outdoor adventures you love (as places to jog, sail and etc.) can be a huge benefit for you.
So, based on these above-mentioned factors, check the list of Top 5 coolest neighborhoods in Tbilisi.
Depending on who you ask, this neighborhood is either the heart of Tbilisi City or a stress-inducing tourist trap. It’s easy to spend a day admiring this neighborhood’s architecture and snacking at its cozy cafes and charming restaurants. Although flush with hip bars, boutiques, and restaurants, this neighborhood has never lost its old- mystique.